Saturday, 13 November 2010

Status Epilecticus

Early Evening 7th December 1996

I think that every epileptic fit is perculiar to each individual. The poem below is my signature.

Status Epilepticus

The indelible fear
when the music plays loud.
Stretching and pulling on
every note.
A fist to a wall.
A zing to a snap.
A penchant for violence
Is on the fast track.

She’s moving quicker
With a silent flicker,
She’s falling backwards
As I’m getting bigger,
A towering colossus
Breaks on the ground,
A snake down a ladder
With its shivering rattle.
The roof of my mind,
Its steel now rent,
By a tumbling tornado
Of a force majeure.
There's a lake of green piss
and a stream of black bile,
The march of the shoes
Form a ring at the head,
Hands stroke the air
With fingers that dance.
The train’s stopping.
There's words in a pot,
A smell like honey
Drenched and hot,
A swelling of the tongue,
The crushed lower lip,
An old man’s spittle,
Sweet baby shit.

I walk this city,
Urban in flight,
Where muggers trail
In the shop window lights,
In search of doorways
And grim litter traps,
Where I can Fit silently
In Peace when you pass.

KM



No comments:

Post a Comment